3.03.2008

Do You Want To Be Published

Do you want to be published?

This is a question writers ask ourselves frequently. More often than we like to admit. Especially if our work hasn't seen the light of the press yet.

Black on white. Somehow it adds validation. I know there's much more to it than that. I think we all carry something inside of us that we want to share with the rest of the world, whether it's the ability to tell stories or the gift of editorial commentary.

And I believe the rest of the world is hungry for those stories.

What can you do to get your work in print and where do you start?

Once again, those are complex questions and there's no easy answer I can give in 50 words or less. But I do know of a fairly new blog that I would highly recommend to those of you who hope to get published.

It's written by Mary DeMuth and it's aptly titled, "So You Wanna Be Published."

Mary asked me to post something from an editor's perspective and today's the day. I wrote about the importance of clips--what are they and why writers need them.

So, if you'd like to know why we editors always pester you poor writers about your clips, check out Mary's new site today.

No comments: