3.21.2008

In the Details


Sometimes I see God’s presence in broad, arcing brushstrokes. Revivals that leave whole countries breathless, hungry for the holy spirit. Entire lifetimes spent serving the hungry and the homeless and the forgotten. The selfless dedication of a missionary setting off for another continent.

Sometimes I see Him in the small places, the intricate pen and ink details. The prayer of a friend when I’m lost and confused. The smile of a stranger in the tangle of a crowd. The glimpse of an inspirational bumper sticker on the freeway.

Sometimes I see Him in a quiet walk through the woods with a friend; sometimes I hear His voice when I weep.

Sometimes I see Him in a halo of glowing cherry blossoms. Always here, always watching, always near. And most importantly, always God.

2 comments:

Marcus Goodyear said...

Thanks for being one of those friends who prays for me in the airport. I got home in God's time, but he's a little more patient than I am.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you. Let's keep in touch.

Also, thought of what you let me read on the way home. The book "Story" gave me some insight about what others were saying.

Email me anytime.

Merrie Destefano said...

Mark,
One of the things I truly love about the writing community is that it's filled with such interesting people. It truly was a blessing to meet you and spend time talking to you. You have the gift of a visionary, something we desperately need, and I'm excited to see how the Lord will use you in the days to come.

"Story" sounds like a good book, and I still want to check out "Eifelheim." Yay, a fellow sci-fi lover!

So glad you are finally home with your family. And I agree--let's stay in touch!
Blessing,
Merrie