9.19.2007


Thirteen Reasons why I think my husband is an alien.


1. He has more shoes than I do.

2. He likes to exercise.

3. He frequently forgets to drink water. Must have come from a dry planet.

4. He takes longer than I do to get ready in the morning. Probably hiding that third eye on the back of his head.

5. He uses the left side his brain way too often.

6. He teaches the language of the universe: Algebra, Calculus, Geometry.

7. He has the perfect cover up: He doesn’t like Sci Fi.

8. He hasn’t aged in 10 years.

9. His favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. ‘Nuff said.

10. All year long he drives with the top down on his Miata. Obviously some system of communicating with the Mother Ship.

11. He never wears tin foil on his head. Again, communicating with the M.S.

12. He can’t figure out his computer. Obviously because earth technology is so far behind what they had on his home planet.

13. And Number 13 is the biggest one of all: He loves me!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Grace
2. Angela, the Sci Fi Chick
3. Mama Pajama
4. Kat's Kracker Box
5. The Good Stuff
6. The Quest Writer, or otherwise known as Eve!
7. Working at home Mom
8. Buck Naked Politics
9. Some Things Need Said

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very late comment but I love this list! So much fun! I think my husband comes from the same planet with yours! :-)

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Your husband doesn't like scifi and you do? I have a feeling I'll end up with someone who's not into scifi either. That's okay. I probably enjoy it enough for two.

Merrie Destefano said...

Grace,
I LOVE your two cows post! You need to publish that somewhere--it's incredibly witty.

What is it with husbands who don't like sci fi? That should be against the law.
:)
Thanks for stopping by-
Merrie

Merrie Destefano said...

Angela,
I hope you find someone wacky enough to dress up like Spock and take you to all the conventions! If not, I'm sure he'll love you, despite your need for a space opera fix every couple of days.

It's not easy loving sci fi!

Thanks for the visit!
Blessings,
Merrie

Anonymous said...

This is great stuff! But, I think I may come from the same planet as your husband because I do a lot of the things you mention! Happy TT! Mine is up at http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/thursday-thirteen-8-thirteen-things-that-absolutely-drive-me-crazy/

Merrie Destefano said...

Kat,
That's one wacky list you have! Pretty creative and accurate at the same time. Great job--

And thanks for stopping by! How funny you do the same things my husband does. You must be cool, 'cause he's pretty awesome!

Blessings on your 13,
:)
Merrie

Qtpies7 said...

LOL Yep, he's an aien. The steelers??

Unknown said...

My hubby doesn't like fantasy, and that's what I write. These men!!

Bloggers said...

Great post!!!!

Mine is up on
Working At Home Mom

Merrie Destefano said...

Qtpies7-
LOL! I know, go figure!
:)
Thanks for stopping by-
Merrie

Merrie Destefano said...

Eve,
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. I always thought I was the only one who had a husband who didn't like the same genre, but apparently this is a rampant epidemic!

But I love your attitude. This is why we write what we do!

Blessings on your writing, Eve,
:)
Merrie

Merrie Destefano said...

Bloggers,
I really like your helpful tips for stay at home moms. I was a stay at home mom, too, until my son went to school and I know how valuable a profession being "MOM" really is.

Thanks for the positive, Proverbs 51 woman slant-
Blessings,
Merrie

Anonymous said...

What a neat list. I hope you show it to him.

Anonymous said...

This was really funny! Great list...I love the cover up of not liking scifi...

Merrie Destefano said...

Buck,
Oh, I definitely showed it to my husband! It made him laugh, so I got the reaction I wanted. It's always good to make somebody laugh.

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for creating such a thought-provoking site!
Blessings,
Merrie

Amy said...

I'm late in getting around to bloghopping TT's this week. He loves the Steelers AND you - he's an amazing man with refined tastes.

Did you know that the Steelers have more female fans (probably based on how much girly memorabilia sold) than any other NFL team? Completely off topic!

I'm off to read Grace's two cows post. Love your list, your husband sounds atypical - and possibly alien... especially the tin foil thing... that's just scary risky behavior!

Merrie Destefano said...

Annie,
Hi! Hey, love those Steelers and love those shepherds--German, of course! Your shepherd sounds gorgeous.

And if anybody is feeling nostalgic about the approach of autumn, check out Annie's site, Some Things Need Said. It will put you right in the mood.

Thanks for dropping by!
:)
Merrie

Anonymous said...

More shoes than you? OK, speaking as a man, I can say there is really something odd abut him!