8.30.2007

Once in a Lifetime



Spiders are on the prowl. Spider experts claim this happens once in a lifetime.

It's so creepy it's almost pretty. Until you know what it is...a spider web that covers a 200-yard section of a Texas park trail.

“At first, it was so white it looked like fairyland,” said Donna Garde, superintendent of the park about 45 miles east of Dallas. “Now it’s filled with so many mosquitoes that it’s turned a little brown. There are times you can literally hear the screech of millions of mosquitoes caught in those webs.”

Let's add one more screech to that. Mine.

2 comments:

Becca Johnson said...

*Shivers in disgust.* Spiders...my arch-foes.

Becca Johnson

Merrie Destefano said...

Becca,
I agree! I will never travel to the great Spider Planet in the stars. I have to watch that spider scene in the Lord of the Rings with my hands over my face.

Ugh.

And you know what else I don't like. Lobsters. 'Cause they're just spiders underwater.

Double ugh.