8.19.2007

I've Decided

I’ve decided that I’m not short. I have a low center of gravity. Likewise, my hair isn’t turning gray. It suddenly has new, sparkling highlights. I don’t get tired easily. I have a wonderful, relaxed approach to things like . . . walking. And of course, I’m not becoming forgetful. I’ve simply been rearranging my memories so that the ones I prefer are the ones I dwell on.

At 50 (gasp, I said the unspeakable), life is actually better than it ever was. Strange, but so many of the things that used to hover over my future, scary and threatening, no longer have the power to paralyze. Things like getting stranded on an L.A. freeway. Or losing my job or my home.

I’ve learned--with God’s unfathomable grace--that I will survive everything I’m supposed to survive, will endure everything I’m supposed to endure. And when I have been here long enough (where ever "here" happens to be at any point in time, including earth), then He will guide me to the next place, the next situation.

And for me, because of what Christ has done, that final place is heaven.

Hallelujah.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."--Romans 8:38-39

As far as I am concerned, that even includes menopause.

No comments: