8.31.2007

Spiders and Monkeys and Spider Monkeys, oh my

I should have expected an invasion. I mean, I did go after the monkeys and the aliens and the spiders. What a combo. Imagine if they all came after me at once. Wait, that really is too much to fit into one image, way too creepy. An alien with a monkey body and a spider head; a monkey with spider legs in a spaceship; a time-traveling spider that talks like a chimpanzee.

All of the above: ugh.

Back to the original plot line. After I posted about the monkey-spider-alien invasion last night, I went into the bathroom and what was waiting for me? A giant spider. But this guy had a death wish. He wanted to die. And I was more than happy to help him out.

By-by, spider monster.

So bring it on, spider-monkey-alien boy. I’m waitin’ and ready.

4 comments:

Becca Johnson said...

What is it with spiders and waiting for people in their bathrooms. I had two waiting for me a few mornings ago. I killed one, then turned to find another one above me! <_<

-Becca Johnson

Merrie Destefano said...

Becca,
Yikes and Double Yikes.

Well, there IS a spider invasion going on. It's not just my imagination. How comforting it is to know that the monsters really are out to get us.

Just joking. You go, Warrior Princess! Give those spider villains what-for. Then, when it's all quiet and peaceful again, put one of them in your story. Just don't ever let the vicious brutes know that they inspired you, or you'll never hear the end of it. They'll want a part in the movie version, they'll want to come to your house for tea, they'll want to be invited to your poetry readings, etc.

:)

Becca Johnson said...

The horror! :O I won't be inviting them anywhere but the bottom of a shoe or the inside of a vacuum! ;)
But, yes, I do expect them to show up in my stories sometime... :P
As I told my mother this weekend, spiders are evil itself.

Becca Johnson

Merrie Destefano said...

Bec-
Spiders-ick.

Yay for shoes, vacuum cleaners, and kleenex (my weapon of choice).

:)